Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh how I miss my washer and dryer!

Before we moved to Mexico I heard the stories about no washer and dryers, No heat or air and how people still lived like back in the older days but I didn't really believe it......until now! Now don't get me wrong, Lots of people have washers and some have dryers but in general you have a washer but hang your clothes on the line to dry. Unfortunately we are one of the people who just cannot afford a washer machine just yet but some day we will....I hope at least. Well last week we moved into our first rent house after staying with family since we got here(who had a washer!). I remember seeing other houses with these built in cement wash and rinse tubs outside and thought they were so "cool" and even mouthed off about how I would love to use one of those.....


Well my wish came true....I have my very own cement wash and rinse tub..


But guess what????? I do NOT LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, It cleans the clothes but I never in my life realized washing clothes for 4 could be such back breaking labor until now! I plug the drain holes with cut off fingers from my husbands old work gloves. Draining the sinks make a huge mess right outside my back door and I can only wash about 6-7 pieces of clothing before the water is way to dirty and I have to drain and start over again! The worst part however is wringing the clothes after rinsing. I honestly do not know how people ever wrung their clothes out properly! I feel like a failure every time cause they end up on the clothes line still dripping wet! Ok maybe I lied, Worst part would be hands being ICE cold from doing laundry in cold water outside when its kind of cold. Thats the worst part! 

But you know what? Even though this is back breaking labor and takes all day to do......I am thankful I have some place to wash my clothes.....Yes THANKFUL cause it could be worse, I could be trying to wash and rinse them in my tiny kitchen sink!!!!


Well I guess thats all for this post. Not sure how much more I can say about my cement wash tub but I can say.....I never realized how much I took for granted back in Oklahoma....even the simple things like a washer and dryer....

14 comments:

  1. Well, I commented but it did not post, anyway hand washing is hard, luckily I grew up Hippy poor so when I first moved to Leon, GTO and realized no one had washers and dryers it wasn't tooo much of an adjustment;) When we first moved here to Mexicali it took us about 6 months to get a washer and we will not buy a dryer, too much $ in power. Hand washing is hard on clothes though and so is line drying, don't worry too much about the drip drying, it doesn't really hurt the clothes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find all the latest washers and dryers right here at Sears Canada. We have stackable washers and dryers for smaller spaces. washer repair orange county

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find all the latest washers and dryers right here at Sears Canada. We have stackable washers and dryers for smaller spaces. washer repair orange county

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a couple of things you ought to consider here: price and service. Getting your broken appliance fixed is a good investment, and one that is necessary. Orange Appliance Repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,
    dryer repair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best.
    stove & range repair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Ryobi brand

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... Pressure Washer Guides

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. best mini washer and dryer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. pressure tank reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog presented itself in a very easy and clear way. Owner of this blog found a very simple way to express its view but when you read this blog completely, you would get to know about how hard it could be to express such in a easy way. ge dryer repair

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Dryer Repair Wolf, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Sears, Viking, GE, Maytag, Bosch, FisherPaykel, RepairNearMe in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Vertical Reflow Oven

    ReplyDelete